Saturday, March 5, 2011

Whole 30 / Day 4

Friday, March 4th, 2011

I really wanted to stay in bed this morning. I feel like poop warmed over. I'm really sad that I haven't been going to the gym for the last week. I really enjoyed the one on one's. It's really frustrating having my shoulder hurt, that's never happened to me before. And just when it was starting to feel better, I get sick.

Well, I'm not on my deathbed sick, which means I should be able to work out. I've scheduled myself for an evening WOD after work. Also, I know that moderate exercise stimulates the immune system, so hopefully this will help me feel better.

According to CrossFit Omaha's website, this is their WOD today:
Dead-lift 1x5
Warm-up is 5, 5, 3, 2. Additional warm-up sets may
be needed for those in the 350+ range. If successful
last time, add 5 pounds this time.

After this WOD, I'll have two days off to recover and hopefully get over this cold. More chicken soup may be in my future for this weekend.

Breakfast: not hungry again: coconut milk coffee.                      Lunch:
Snack: Strawberries
Baked chicken breast and sweet potatoes with thyme

I went to the 5:30pm CrossFit class: 
This is what we did: warm up consisted of jumping jacks, various stretches and squats. I think I could probably handle the strength sessions fine, but the warm ups may kill me.

Then we did warm-up sets of the Dead lifts. 
5x@88lbs, 5x@128lbs?, 3x@148lbs?, 2x@198lbs
I'm pretty sure those are the correct numbers for the first and last sets. My gym bag is in the car, so I'm not sure on the middle sets. The 198lbs was really heavy, but I decided to do that weight for my final 1x5 set. I finished them, but I wasn't sure my left hand was going to keep the grip. After the work out, I pick up my grass fed beef and free range eggs from the nice lady that brought everything from Thistles & Clover.

Three over easy eggs and bacon

 On my drive home, I had a coconut water.

And when I got home, I had dinner.

fresh raspberries
Later in the evening, I felt like a snack and had some raspberries. My husband refused to eat them. He said they were furry. LOL

 I felt like crap, coughing and miserable, towards the end of the evening and popped a handful of Vit D. Then I went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment