Sunday, March 6, 2011

Whole 30 / Day 5

Saturday

I woke up this morning feeling like a million bucks. I love Vit D.

5 over easy eggs, bacon & strawberries
Breakfast was yummy, not pictured is the coconut milk coffee.





Snacks for movies




We took some cut apples and almonds with us to the movies. Marty and I shared, but we did finish the bags.

Lunch:
Chicken salad


Lunch was good, but I didn't finish my chicken.




My husband and I shared the bowl of berries.
Strawberries & Blackberries


Dinner:

the asparagus was a little overcooked







 Dinner was good: Sauteed pork loin in tomatoes, mushrooms and veggies with roasted asparagus.

OK, so are you ready? Shocker of shockers! My husband decided to do the Whole 30 with me.  I told him he couldn't start it without reading the rules though. He did, and decided to start right after breakfast (he had cream and sweetener in his coffee). I'm thrilled, to put it mildly. 

I saw this link for an ABC News feed on Paleo on Hunter-Gatherer site. It's about time the news started portraying stuff that isn't USDA in a semi-positive light. It's still frustrating that they lump all "Paleo" diets exactly the same. Art Devany is more of the low-fat  all the time mantra, but there other Paleo dieters are going towards the low-fat factory farmed meat, but higher fat grass fed meat. This makes more sense to me. You're not going to take down a large animal and throw away the most nutrient/calorically dense part of the animal. The big names if your trolling paleo sites that pop up regularly are Art Devany, John Durant, Robb Wolf and although not quite paleo, Mark Sisson.
John Durant

Robb Wolf
Art Devany

Mark Sisson
While these guys are really impressive, it's still really frustrating being a woman and not having a female role model.

Not to say that there aren't a lot of women doing paleo and primal. There just doesn't seem to be anyone out in the cyber-world with names as prominent as these guys.






I have to say though, whatever diet this guy is on <yikes!> I want no part of.

No comments:

Post a Comment